Life Group Agenda for First Week of September, 2014
Bible Study Discussion:
Romans 13:1-5 "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God's minister to you for good, but if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake."
1. Define the word Authority .....
2. Make a list of those who may have authority over you in all walks of life.
3. Share Pastor Nolan's hilarious illustration with the Umbrella illustrating how authority works.
(Share the hilarious mishaps with the umbrella and how he used it to further to illustrate coming under Spiritual Authority)
4. In the satanic bible the first command is: "do what you want!" To become a member of the cult, you are commanded to go out and violate as many of the ten commandments as you can in one night.
How has this strategy of hell affected our culture today? Why do you think that people in the western hemisphere have a hard time submitting to authority?
5. Pastor spoke of "Tumbleweed Christians" - they are rootless, useless and fruitless..... they roll wherever the wind blows. To grow spiritually, to be useful and to be fruitful one must be............. Finish that statement.
6. Pastor Nolan said, "When you get under what God put over you, you will get over what God put under you".... What has God put over you? (answer: His Athority) What has God put under you? (answer: ALL THINGS are under our feet: satan, demons, sickness, disease, poverty, addictions, etc.)
What should your life look like if you walked this out on a daily basis? What impact would this have on our Church, our community, the work place, every place you go?
7. Pastor Nolan made the statement, "There is NO SUBMISSION unless there is DISAGREEMENT." What does this mean to you?
8. Is there areas in your life that you are struggling with authority? In your marriage covenant? children with parents? Spiritual Authority?
Depending on the response, do as you feel led by the Lord.
A suggestion would be to get in groups of 2-3 and pray one for another. Assure one another of love, prayer support.... exhort, encourage as the you feel in your heart... do it!!!